Thread: 2024 Rendezvous
View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4204376)   #464
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Could it be that emissions are increasing because the number of people is continuing to increase, all putting extra demands on energy supplies....and of course the majority in areas with a much lower standard of living than we enjoy, and unsurprisingly they want to raise their way of living to match ours.....(apart from the Taliban, who seem to want to revert to the stone age, but with Kalashnikovs..)

The man who came to sell us solar panels (milady has been trying to persuade me to get them for over 10 years, and of course I said no, because I didn't think we'd still be living in the same place - wrong again! ) tried to use the Green argument. I asked him if he'd seen how many cars were outside our house. He then tried suggesting that it was an investment for our descendants - I pointed out I hadn't got any, so couldn't care less....... But we still got them, and even in the miserable weather we've had since late Feb when they were fitted, they've been generating an average 100 kWh per week, meeting most of our needs, and we've exported quite a bit.......

The only problem is that people keep asking when I'm getting an electric car.... Oh, yes, and of course the panels came from China.......