View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2024, 17:33 (Ref:4205913)   #42
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
As a race, no real question as to who was going to win. As mentioned, a good drive by Norris. Stroll was being Stroll so this triggered some retirements. Both VCARB out. Alonso had a good drive, but was also rolling the dice on tire strategy. IMHO a VERY slow decision for safety car due to issues with recovery of Botta's car. I think given it's location they should have gone to VSC much sooner. Some interesting drama (penalties) around penalties for passing under yellow. Big celebration for Zhou even though he finished effectively at the rear. I wonder if this might be his first and last race in an F1 car at that circuit?

Richard

It is absolutely ridiculous that some drivers of what is claimed to be the pinnacle of motor racing still commit rookie errors such as overtaking when under yellow flag conditions, and one also overtook during the safety car.

I think that it is long past the time when the penalties for these type of driving infringements where far more seriously increased. There really is no excuse for that type of driving and it needs to be severely dealt with not just a slap on the wrist which is what was applied today, a mere 10 seconds added to their time with two points on their licence.