View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2024, 22:09 (Ref:4207034)   #46
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post

As for US round, there is speculation that there are no entries from US teams so far which puts the event in doubt. But let's wait and see
Were we expecting them too. i mean there is no traditional touring car championship in the USA so its not like there is a TCR USA

The US TCR cars run in a 2 driver endurance championship as the secondary class the world tour is not gonna join that for 2 reason they would not want to be a secondary class and they run on different tyres

The whole TCR world tour concept on paper sounds like a great idea. The best TCR drivers in the world join the local TCR drivers

But the TCR world tour then has its own tyre supplier which limits the series to racing with the series that use that tyre.
They are not going to race with series that run Hankook, Goodyear or Michelins etc

Your not going to gave Kumho shod WTCR racing with Goodyear shod TCR UK

It should be the TCR world tour join the local series and runs the brand of tyres the local series uses. im sure they could adapt to that

Then it might work

i know last year the Michelin Pilot Challenge has its own stand alone TCR race at lime rock which got dropped. If that existed and the TCR world tour joined that ot may work better

I know in that situation there could be less world tour cars as driver would have to share the 4 lynk and co driver share 2 cars

Like Hyundai have 3 cars this year so they would have to get another driver

but combine 2 driver into one car or employ a another driver for one race it doable

That would be better then how it currently is

It just its own stand alone series with some wildcards. The opening round was raced with some obscure secondary Italian TCR series and not TCR Italy

You could have a series like this

Round 1 - TCR UK Snetterton - 3 Races
Round 2 - TCR Italy Monza - 2 Races
Round 3 - TCR Europe - Spa - 2 Races
Round 4 - TCR Eastern Europe - Slovakiaring - 2 Races
Round 5 - Michelin Pilot Challenge - Mid Ohio - 2 hour Endurance race
Round 6 - TCR South America - Interlagos - 2 races
Round 7 - TCR Japan - Suzuka - 2 races
Round 8 - TCR Australia - Bathursht - 3 races
Round 9 - TCR Asia/China Macau - 2 races
Round 10 - TCR World final Portimão

They had this whole idea of having this ranking system where all drivers racing TCR cars around earn points and are then ranked and the top 60 TCR drivers from around the world would be invited to this ranking final race

never happened

You could have the final and the top 3 drivers i from every licensed TCR series that season gets invited to that final

i know not every driver would go and logistics would have to be sorted but imagine every TCR champion that year all racing in the world tour final

Its a better concept then what we currently have and its not something that is impossible