View Single Post
Old 2 May 2024, 01:49 (Ref:4207239)   #388
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
What do I think will happen with this? Probably nothing. Probably just continue to be a thorn in the side of F1. It just seems to depend upon it getting any traction in the US political sphere. It if does, then maybe something might come of it. And I expect the next Concorde Agreement will double down and instead of revising the process to allow new teams, they will remove that all together and just fix the team count at 10. And this is already reported as being the direction. I do think that does create more anti-trust issues for the future however.
I suspect (but hope I'm wrong) that you may be correct re capping at 10 teams in the next Concorde Agreement.

Re anti-trust, how does it work in the US with sports such as NFL & NHL? Don't they use a franchise model that restricts the number of teams?