View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2002, 15:47 (Ref:455531)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
He was only faster at the start of 1991 because he was used to the car, and specifically its unusual Active Suspension system. By the end of the season he was dominated by Nigel.
I didn't see it this way. I thought that Nigel got the upper hand because as the active car developed it suited him much more.
Patrese never had full confidence in the active car. It needed a much more confident style. In some ways the car wasn't driven by feel and progression, but by blind faith that it would stick. And this is certainly Mansell's forte.

And perhaps it is also why Prost didn't look so confident in the car in 1993 too. Although I consider Prost a better driver.

Patrese had some good races, one was Mexico 1991. Patrick Head certainly rated him.

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
...technical failures in 1991- gearbox in Canada...