daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
Mine was a 1 litre Nova saloon - what a beast

Even better it was green. Inside and out. Obviously that doesn't include the rust, or the filler, or the primer, or the fibreglass, or the 'bought the wrong green but used it any way' bits.

Pure quality, 2 years of clonking about, smoking stereos, windscreen wipers held on with string, no door card on the passenger side, no glove box (took it out to get at the dash wiring and never put it back), lights that did main beam or off, brakes that failed completely at one point, timing chain eating through the engine case (still got home though), fuel gauge that always read empty, temperature gauge that was always off the top of the scale, heater that didn't work. Ah the joys of owning a car

It eventually got killed in a collision with a Fiesta (I got punted across the road as it pulled out of a junction in fromt of me). It actually started up first time after the whack - it hadn't done that for months....

I bought another Nova (1400 hatchback) and stripped the old one for spares, it did look a sorry sight (worse than normal). I had the 2nd Nova for a couple of years and then chopped it in against a 306 D Turbo that I'm still scudding about in now (3 years and 2 head ons later).

Everybody should have a total shed as their 1st car, that way when you finally get a good one you appreciate it more.
i would agree with that mate, my renault 19 was a shed and now i appreciate my current car alot more, i even try too keep it in good shape, i could never be bovered when i had that shed of a 19