View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2003, 01:50 (Ref:730340)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1. The 32 car strategy has gone to heaven unless TEGA withholds some cash from the teams to purchase 3 franchise slots. i.e. wont happen

2. Brock will be around the sport in 2004, I understand his name will remain on PWR due to a contractual arrangement but somehow doubt he will be around a whole lot...

Not sure Nations Cup will enjoy his presence, might depend if #10 is forthcoming in November.

3. SBR will tell us eventually, but I cant seen them parting with any SBR-built hardware for other teams to prepare. Dont rule out a 4 car team out of the SBR premises just yet.

4. SuperCheap could end up anywhere, even with a program with the person in #2... it seems there are a lot of noises surrounding the sponsor, with everyone except HRT making presentations.... who knows, I bet not even Bob Thorn.

They are likely to sell off the 2 AUs into Konica

5. PMM will likely whip TEGA's arrogance into shape and run 2 cars from next year. It would be a good place for lots of drivers to go, but dont rule out the Bathurst codriver being chosen for further opportunities with the team.

6. Dumbrell has a contract for next year, exercisable by option... not sure it will be taken up, but who would replace? LP & Mezera are now too slow (based on Sandown anyway)

Canto will disappear back into obscurity, replaced by some Euro star

Wilson has a use, but not at DJR....

Whincup is contracted to GRM for2004 and for reasons best known only to GR, seems very happy with him.

7. TKR was linked with a 7th HMS car and this seems the more interesting option, and also where Murf may end up if he cant agree to terms with the Kellys

8. No reason to think Noske wont be back in 2004 under the LRT franchise, unless his budget is strong enough to run 2 cars, so they would need to punt an existing L1 from their perch.

9. This entry doesnt affect the results on the board I suppose, the on-circuit caterers may disagree Is it for sale? Probably. Is there a buyer? Probably not.

These guys also have 2 AU's that should be on the market

10. Speedy will be back with bells on The BA program is late but they have some technical agreements in neotiation for 2004.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods