View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2001, 19:17 (Ref:73348)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will continue to flog the horse...(Moffat, please feel free to jump in)

I absolutely believe that DC has a shot at the WDC. He is not blessed with Hakkinen's raw speed or Schumacher's brilliant car control and race craft, but he is developing into a very good driver and he gets better every season. No one who is is a total wazoo wins nine Grand Prix.

Last season, for the first half at least, he was the only challenge to Schumacher-this while stripped of 6 points in Brazil for a technical infraction which resulted in no benefit and in Canada, forced to a ten-second penalty for stalling on the grid. Yes it was his mistake, but when he was called in, he was running with TGF and given the rate at which MS slowed in the last laps of the race, may have missed out on a win but for that stall.

The guy has had appalling luck and McLaren's efforts have truely been behind Mika despite the fact that it was David who won the first two races for West McLaren-not Mika, and at that time, McLaren was hardly the best car on the grid.

I suspect that DC was rushed into a race seat at Williams in the wake of Senna's death before he was ready. But like his one-time teammate Damon Hill who was a very good, though not exceptional driver-ibn the right circumstances, DC could take the crown.