View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:44 (Ref:752993)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tomas Scheckter & Panther Racing test at Milwaukee

Tomas Scheckter has had his first test with Panther Racing, at the legendardy Milwaukee Mile.

John Barnes was happy with the test. Good too see that Tomas made a good first impression.

"Obviously we have known that Tomas is a very fast race car driver," Barnes said. "Now we know how good he is with technical feedback, and we have an opportunity to start building a communication relationship that will be the foundation to success in 2004.

"Tomas' knowledge of the car and the IRL formula should allow us to take the very strong race platform we have developed with this car over the last year and take it to the next level. I am very impressed."

Likewise, Tomas was also impressed with Panther Racing:

"...it was a great chance for me to start communicating with Andy Brown (engineer), Simon Morley (chief mechanic) and all the Pennzoil Panther guys. This is a great organization, and I really appreciate how they have made me feel so welcome."

The team have another day's worth of testing at Milwaukee, before heading off to Indianapolis in preperation for a text there later this month.

Full story.