View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2000, 13:58 (Ref:7962)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Humph,

Actually I do have more than 1 book. I’ve got one about Lamborghini!!!

Mr Chow.

How right you are about the Alfa’s wings and splitters. They made the car look great and indeed were so effective that the other manufacturers got sucked in to the game and changed the regs to include splitters and wings. However, I don’t recall that many production cars having those appendages in the immediately following years.

Michael.

You are absolutely correct. Jochen Mass was talking about Jochen Neerspach who’s actions for BMW forced Ford into homologating the RS 3100 Capri in 1973 with the rear “ducktail” in order to compete. The “Middle East crisis” caught them all out. Ford sold very few RS 3100s because of the hike in fuel prices. It was therefore a very expensive piece of homologation for them.

That was 1973/4 and the parallels with the current ST situation are there for all to see.

The story comes from Jeremy Walton’s book “Capri” which I tend to read at this time of the year purely for the stories about the Cologne Capris. Those were the days.

Sparky,

You see you were on the right course. So near yet so far.