Thread: Judd
View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2003, 19:22 (Ref:804012)   #64
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
people need to change their thinking- a more openmind set- we see the same trouble in F1, if one team does it then it appears on other cars, (exhaust hats, and exits above the fairing, now with long scoops underneath the hot air, but why? only ferrari found it out first-check racecar engineering this month.) Audi in 2001 and even presently with the Bentley use the best new Tech- that of direct injection. the best of the rest for the Mopar is no small feat in the face of VAG, so I say it would hold well over a season perhaps. Importantly to note that combining known ideas and old may work very well- How would the Mopar fair with direct inject? or even common rail for petrol instead of diesel? sure some work to heads must be done, but they go crazy carving up aluminium and using flow benches to get it right, it wouldn't be much harder to stick in the injector center of the valves or next to them. Also any features of the Audi chassis beating on the little dallara mopar team (wasn't it oreca?) Audi is seriously refined and incredible of a car, matched with that power plant- the first year for the D-M is pretty good. I still am confident in that program if it were to be developed more.