View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2003, 00:16 (Ref:804266)   #52
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your missing my point a little.

I am not trying to be a glory hound. It's not about individuals getting press coverage. I am looking at it from a Championship point of view. I am trying to raise the profile of our Championship. By doing that it hopefully gets more people to the circuit and hopefully reduces our race fees. This in turn allows more competitors to allocate their funds to new tyres and testing etc.
And yes kd, I buy Autosport /MN to see how people are going on in the club world. Drivers we have run and drivers that competed in the NWFFC, but the articles are getting smaller and smaller. You go back to the early 90's and Autosport had pages and pages of club meetings. With regards to the Championships profile, that has been covered on another thread.

On the subject of trying harder, I am trying hard not to throw the 'c' word at you again dhart. How do you know how hard someone is trying or not? You don't know what each individual is doing to get on the track. Everyone has their own story and you can't just say that because their not winning, they are not trying hard enough. As seasoned as you are, you know how many things have to come together to get the package complete and you will also know that running on limited resources makes the task all the harder. It's alright to say that you must try harder to find the resources and if it isn't happening, then you must try even harder. I think rather than trying harder (effort), the word we should be using is 'Perseverance'.

Without dragging this on, the fact is, all the pieces have to come together. Perseverance achieves this. 2nd place doesn't mean your a loser. I mean come on, NWFFC is not life and death stuff, it's a club championship. I do it because I love it and if I get in the position to win races which I want to do then great, but I'll have a lot of fun either way. Giving up and packing it in means your a loser.