View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2004, 00:25 (Ref:923471)   #32
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
While I am sure the IRL folks are really tired of CART teams and newly recruited teams from CART winning the 500, I don't think there will be a concerted effort to disqualify a driver from OWRS who might win the race.

Since CART "crossed-over" to Indy they have shown superior results due mainly to the professionalism and experience of the teams, combined with quality drivers. It may not be so easy this year as many of the drivers from the Series Formerly Known as CART are now full-time IRL campaigners.

Personally I would give my eye teeth to get my face on the Borg-Warner Trophy.

Look what it does to the driver's prestige. For example, when JPM won at Monaco the press did backflips about his winning Monaco and the 500, two of the great "traditionas" in motor racing.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 30 Mar 2004 at 00:26.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.