Thread: BTCC Media Day
View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3505804)   #15
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Speaking as someone of an orange boilersuit persuasion, the pit lane is possibly one of the most dangerous places on Earth (other than the immediate sides of a race start, or the caldera of an active volcano). Cars, people, fuel, wheels, jacks, wheelguns, compressed gas, other fluids.. it's a slippery place, full of sudden noise and heat and confusion.

It is *not* somewhere random MoPs should be. In most cases it's not somewhere random marshals should be, either!

In my experience that's exactly what happens. Once the cars start moving, the public go (if not the other way round). If you're lucky enough to be on the pit wall when the cars start moving, stay there until it's over!
But where can I take 1200 photos of racing cars with my point and shoot camera to come home and share them on ten-tenths?

Seriously though, it sets a bad example, as people then assume they can get into the pitlane all the time. It's a dangerous place to be, whether you think you're being careful or not. I was nearly run over going to a grid walk by a Seat Leon and I was just following the team PR girl who was leading everyone there!