Thread: Project C.A.R.S
View Single Post
Old 11 May 2015, 08:38 (Ref:3536376)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That does surprise me Akra.

The noises I had heard were that the console version was actually OK. And that the controls had been dumbed down a little to appease that market, understandably as the market is far bigger and also less saturated right now with anything new.

The issues I have heard of are AMD graphics card issues, online connectivity, and the insane amount of fiddling you do coz SMS couldn't be bothered to give you a decent wheel profile, so they just leave you to do it yourself, and unless you know what you are doing, this is a matter of trial and error apparently.

The community are a weird bunch, I guess if you have invested in that community over years you are going to be loyal, a very clever trick by Mr Bell.

But loyalty breeds fanaticism, and that is all I have experienced.

I do feel that a less aggressive approach would have leaned fans to be more accepting of WMD, their approach was always so defensive, very aggressive in their defence, and this is not helping them now.

But a lot of people seem perfectly happy with it.