View Single Post
Old 1 May 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3532687)   #2503
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
I spoke to some Toyota chap in the pits today, he said that Naks is out for LM. He also said they are making their mind up on the third driver, as I mentioned it must be your reserve driver. He said no not at all we maybe get someone else.
Really? That's poor form if true. What's the point of having a reserve driver if they aren't called up when a regular is ruled out of the race? If they do get someone else in and it's not because Kobayashi has other commitments or outstanding reasons not to race (in which case, why be the reserve driver?) then I'd be livid if I was Kamui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Toyota could be running a harder tire compound. Last season they did that as it fit better with the demands on race day. China is a good example. Plus they are running the high downforce car, look at Audi's high downforce car's pace. Another thought was their setup. Are they running a setup expecting mixed conditions? There are a few things that could explain why theyre off pace if its not just down to the cars speed, which is the most logical conclusion.

Audi still uses last year's chassis, not just Toyota. And 1:57.3/1:57.5 is not 'barely' in the 57's from the #1.
Shanghai is spectacularly abrasive (and Spa ... isn't) so that comparison doesn't hold up. They could be gambling on mixed conditions tomorrow, but that implies that they already know that on pure pace they are licked.