Thread: New F1 Logo
View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3783478)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think a lot of people would enjoy the sport a bit more if they weren't so pessimistic and didn't immediately revert to criticism all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Really? They did make quite a big deal about it on the podium at Abu Dahbi race and was the centerpiece for the 2018 introduction. So I can somewhat agree with the comment about “F1 is fixed”. I rolled my eyes during the podium video.

What I think has happened is they they have been caught up in the excitement of their own rebranding exercise. I have seen this from the inside. The marketing team spends hours obsessing over color palettes, logo designs and other choices. The importance becomes inflated due to the time spent designing and selecting. Also marketing teams only get the chance to rebrand infrequently so that also adds to the excitement. Then when you settle on the new content you want to share it immediately. Problem is... While I am sure the marketing folks are excited, at the end of the day it’s just a logo. IMHO they overplayed it’s importance by how they announced it on the podium.
they said they would, so they did. it's an entire rebranding exercise, not just a new logo. the new logo is a symptom of the rebranding, not the centre of it. it kind of did deserve a big fanfare because like the marketing video says, it's a new era. both in promotional guff sense and real life.

they're finally acting like it's a big sports event worth billions of pounds a season. the big important stuff gets a massive fanfare - see the top 3 from quali and the race lining up in front of the grandstand in front of the fans instead of the teams for example. immediate interviews and reaction shared with the *fans*, not just the media.

it's change. f1 had been stuck in the 80s in marketing terms under bernie. he failed to capitalise on the success of the formula and chose to just draw money straight out from hosting and tv fees. these guys are going to modernise it and finally make the most of it all.

f1 is - and has been for decades - too big for its humble british understatement. companies putting money into it don't *want* understatement... if they wanted that they'd get involved with something a bit more grass roots. you know, like the heineken formula ford festival or something