View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3795317)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Ok. I live rural and stream Now TV and BT Sport with no problem at all. Better picture than Freeview.
Good times. About a 5 mile away from me there's people who can't even stream YouTube. They won't be getting any decent picture, so they're back to £600 a year.

If the BEST argument we can come up with to support F1 is "Well it's not as bad as feared, because you can watch it for 4 times the price of any other series" then that's a bad state of affairs and exactly why this thread was created.

Here's another fun way of looking at it. The best case for F1 is spending £140 a year, and you won't get to see qualifying. But if you're "casual" enough to not care about qualifying, you won't be spending £140 a year. So that's an odd market target. Almost like F1 didn't really consider the target markets and went for short term gain.

I understand not every sport can be FTA. But if Eurosport want £7 a month and WEC want £30 a year, then I don't see why F1 is 3 digits. It doesn't have to be free, just has to be sensible.