View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3801054)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ABC/ESPN to use SKY's F1 brodcast in the US.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...c-sky-1004720/

was hoping they would provide their own coverage and commentary team as i already receive SKY's feed via my local Canadian broadcaster and it would have been nice to have another option as i did last year with NBC.

no doubt many (even myself to an extent) will worry about SKY's greater control over the English language broadcasts but it may yeild some positive results.

as SKY can better monetize their broadcast (selling to more markets) perhaps we will all see an across the board reduction in subscription costs (long shot i know) and/or with greater control and the same broadcaster there may be a clearer path to providing an OTT offering to the N.American market.

time will tell.