View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3778029)   #422
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think he's standing at the end of the straight a little before the turn-in for T1.

If they leave T1 as-is, following the profile of the inside curb there, it won't be an ultra-slow turn; it will be still a significant braking zone for these cars, but the compression and likelihood of a pile-up will be lower than if it was a tighter corner.

About the width, like I said, it looks to be about three road lanes there past start/finish. The front stretch at Surfers Paradise is basically three lanes. The back side of Surfers Paradise looks rather like this, with two full lanes marked in the middle and a partial lane on either side before the walls. And here, you don't have all those kinks in the "straight" like at Surfers, nor do you have that chicane mucking things up.

I think it'll be alright.

And it's not like a stalled car on the grid here is going to be any worse than one at Surfers, Barbagallo, Pukekohe, Symmons Plains, or Bathurst.