Old 25 Jan 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3016770)   #32
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
Surely the lap record records should be maintained by the circuit owners. Why should an organising club have to check every other organising clubs results just in case a racing class they organise is run by another club and a lap / class record is set, or broken?.
Because it is part of the 'organisation' of a championship. It is in the title. Organising clubs are partially responsible for the content of race day programmes but lap record data has been neglected by them.

As I also said, it is possible that there are lists kept, but that they are not published and readily available to the people they concern, the competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
It is not just FF1600 that needs a correct list of lap records, but the multitude of other racing classes as well.
This sounds like a mammoth task. Fancy taking on that task Josh?
I am compiling this list as I have a personal and vested interest in FF1600 across the UK. I would happily produce lists for other series if I had the time; I'm currently applying for PGCE courses and as thus my world doesn't solely revolve around motorsport. For those whose business it is, I would suggest they should compile lists (even if you disagree with me over this).

Once these lists are compiled, keeping them up to date is a very simple task. Every time there is a FF1600 race I will have to simply check the fastest laps to see if they have eclipsed those recorded on the list. This will take around 1 minute per race (most of that being taken in the time to load the TSL PDFs).

The problem is that the upkeep of these lists has been neglected and thus, before the simple cross-referencing process can take place, the records have to be compiled again. Further to that, arguments arise over track conditions etc ad infinitum. The fact that I, as a competitor, have had to take this into my own hands says something about the administrative capabilities of the circuits and organising bodies.

Maybe, rather than trying to replicate other clubs' successful series, the BARC, MSVR, BRSCC etc. should focus on strengthening their own championships rather than further diluting club motorsport. This would partially negate the problem about multiple series running to the same regs. But, that is for another discussion/thread.