View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3657283)   #67
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure there will be more of these accidents as the tech evolves.

that said though, as there are more cars on the road with this tech i would expect there to be an decrease in accidents and mortality rates (perhaps even a an exponential decrease)...so the question for me isnt 'why did the tesla driver fail to see the other vehicle?' rather it is 'would this accident/fatality have been avoidable if the other vehicle (or both vehicles) had an autopilot system and/or an ability for both cars to communicate with each other?'

most definitely agree though that these systems have a long way to go and part of me questions why so much of this development is happening on public roadways with each company working on their own parallel and possibly non complimentary systems. there is too much of a rush to get a finished product to market here and that is in itself a very dangerous thing.