View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3776114)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
This is the issue

F1 is moving to a pay model, not because fans want it, same as football, motogp, and most sport.

It only happens because the rights holder sells those rights, no other reason, money.

Dso you think sponsors want their product in front of less people? The sales people involved at FOM are walking a tightrope here.

I have watched some sports on dodgy streams for years and will NEVER pay for sports myself.

It is simply profiteering, and sadly as a world most are dumb enough to not realise what precedent is being set and just hand over their money without really thinking for the future, coz early on it was one company, then it was two, eventually it will be 5 or 6 all wanting your money all showing things you want, so your initial outgoing becomes 3 or 4 fold more.

Are we learning? Oh dear.
Exactly. This (for me) all started with Boxing in the late 90s and early 2000's. If the public had given it the middle finger by refusing to pony up for the pay per view fights, then they would have cancelled the program. However there are enough people in the world with more money than sense who will just pay up willingly for stuff which they previously received for free.