View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3776155)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well thats kind of my point. FOM had no incentive to offer more (despite wanting to or claiming to want to of course) as long as FTA was the norm.

now that people are paying they are naturally demanding better quality and more viewing options...i think the speed with which the sport is now moving (their adoption of 4K/UHD this year for example) is a direct result of people now paying. in effect the sport is responding to the demands of the paying fan base.

to be honest though i dont now much about the TV/internet sales in the UK....my point could be all coincidental.

over here, owning an HD capable TV/digital broadcast/high speed internet/ formats and availability etc became the norm much earlier so maybe thats why our leagues moved over to better and more modern formats with more viewing options earlier on.