Thread: Driver Brendon Hartley in F1
View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3774393)   #14
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im really happy to see Hartley get his F1 chance finally. He is really what has kept my interest in LMP since Webber retired.

yes hes been prone to mistakes but those have eased off over the past few years hes shown in the Porsche hes really as fast as anyone on his day.

I think that being surrounded by the likes of Webber, Lotterer, Bernhard, Hulkenberg, Leib etc has done him a lot of good. I'm not sure if any have helped him out ala Webber and Mitch Evans, but these guys are a good yard stick and he would have had a lot of exposure to seeing how they go about their craft.

Also, a top LMP1 team is really the closest thing you can get to F1 in terms of the budget, resources and teams around you. This should have prepared him well.

As long as the car holds together and he avoids the mid / back of pack argey-bargey, i wouldn't be surprised to see him give Gasly a run for his money.

From the other side, its good to see Red Bull perhaps admit they were slightly wrong with him / have noticed his potential again and given him another chance. I cant think of many others (Kvyat?) that they have done that for.