View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2011, 01:42 (Ref:3005373)   #3
Himlar
Rookie

Himlar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks ScotsBrutesFan, you have definitely not scared me off and I totally understand your criticism when I see it. Looking through some older threads here, I got inspired to do a "twin circuit" and tried to incorporate what you said when designing stands and gravel traps (I didn't know about the "position camera" tool, great stuff!).

This time it's a counter-clockwise track, main track is just under 6,5km (I seem to make my circuits a tad long), with twin pit areas located next to each other. The idea is to be able to use the left and right tracks simultaneously for club activities etc. The left part is sharper, slower and a bit more street circuit like, while the right part is supposed to be fast with flowing turns and long, radius-changing bends.

When used as one track, the 850 meter S/F straight connects the two parts via a fast left-right-hander meant to make different lines through the sections possible. The back straight connecting the left and right parts are a short straight, preceded by a 180 degree turn and a left-right kink.

On the measuring note, I use the area method to get the length of my lap, but how do I do if I would want to measure one of my club tracks? And without having to individually select every section of either inner or outer boundry (since having three or four radii in one corner creates a whole lot of minimal sections).
Attached Thumbnails
RT_1105_1.jpg   RT_1105_02.jpg   RT_1105_3.jpg  

RT_1105_4.jpg   RT_1105_5.jpg