View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3703188)   #60
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
It's funny you say that, yet regularly referred to such drivers as "journeymen" in other contexts.
I might well have done matt but some journeymen are better than others!!

At the end of the day top level motorsport is all about how much money you can throw at a team nowadays as it has gone well beyond the reach of talent that can even muster half a budget. Such drivers are considered to much of a financial risk even if they can deliver the results.

At the end of the day expectations should be less for 3.5 than they are for GP2 and rightly so based on the relative budgets and support each series receives presently.

3.5 is trying to go through a mini reinvention and unfortunately it isn't going to work even running in conjunction with the second most important racing category currently in existence.

GP2 has a great season last year and I was thrilled because one or two drivers aside GP2 had been fairly rubbish for the last few years.

I will be happier once both of these are gone and we get the new F2 show on the road.