View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3756101)   #117
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Can ban Scottish drivers if you want - maybe they're just too good for those Englishmen to cope with.

I never said I supported a RWD ban. I'm just saying that if you presented those statistics to me and asked "which is better?" I'd say that RWD is definitely a better system to be using. One FWD car outside of the standard doesn't undo the overwhelming majority. Another way of looking at it is 3 out of the top 5 cars are RWD. Same stats, but reads very differently, right?

So yeah, I'm not saying we should ban RWD cars, but I do think your stats there support the idea that RWD is significantly better. But that's motor racing, so tough - get on with it.
Agreed - it's just motor racing and something people have to accept.

Stats can be made to read many things, and I wholeheartedly agree that they don't show the true situation.

My point with the list of positions was following a claim that because RWD is beating so many drivers it must be banned. But FWD is also beating a lot of drivers - as long as FWD is in front of the best driver of all time (based on race wins) then it must mean FWD is the problem and not RWD!

If I am reading it right, 7 of the top 8 cars are running non-TOCA engines, so perhaps that is where the problem lies?

Or is it really that there is no problem, there are multiple race winners in different cars, with different drive-trains and engines?