View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3783570)   #81
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
I think PWC should stick with 50 minute races and ditch Sprint-X. Problem with Sprint-X is it's an in between to IMSA and honestly, you don't need that. What you do is you make a discernible difference between the two, thus each one can survive on their own as opposed to trying to sort of compete. As everyone here knows, we've been through this before and it just doesn't work. Make every weekend a twin 50 minute for GT, GTS, TCR, TC and TCA. Forget the GTCup because that's a joke due as you can already run sprint races in their respectable series' that already exist. Again, stop trying to compete.

PWC could literally do six races per event (2X GT, 2XGTS, 2X TC's). I don't see what is so hard about that. You get 100 minutes of racing and about 100 minutes of practice/qualifying per class. Don't need a big crew and don't need to burn through lots of consumables. That way, the price differential between IMSA and PWC is great enough that it attracts both groups of spenders. Both complement each other and like in the past could even share weekends.

You can literally run any GTS and TC class with 3 crew guys and one driver per car. Three sets of stickers and not alot of fuel and probably one set of pads. GT would be 4 crew and one driver per car. That reduces the cost, doesn't overwork the crew and allows for a great show for each event. We keep getting more and more GT3, GT4 and TC type cars being produced yet we don't see that type of increase in the fields. There are plenty of cars out there just sitting but when you keep gouging the teams for frivolous ideas and no consistency, you see why there's such a change from year to year as opposed to the same teams showing up year after year or new ones that buy a 4 year old GT3 car (i.e. GT3 Z4) and run it.
I don't think anyone would have any arguments for this proposal.