Old 10 Aug 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3442974)   #9
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Now matter how any fanboy tries to spin the blame to either party, this is undoubtedly and without question the end of Stewarts career as a racing driver. It matters not whether or not he "tried to scare him", you watched the video, you heard him step on the throttle as he approached Ward and subsequently swiped him under the tire as clear as day, that was 100% an avoidable incident. Simply drive around the man Tony...MAKE AN EFFORT.

Don't get me wrong, Ward was a complete fool for getting out of his car and willingly putting himself in harms way, and sadly he paid the ultimate price for his actions. However, that does not change the fact that a multi-million dollar professional race-team owner and race car driver struck and killed a 20 year old sprint racer, setting a fantastic example for his millions of fans and NASCAR as an organization.

And to think, when I actually watched NASCAR, I idolized Tony and I was a massive fan of his. What a shame.
Given Stewart's history of temper tantrums, coupled with the fact that he just been involved in an on track altercation with Ward and then runs over and kills him, Stewart's infamous temper may have finally gotten the best of him! This could go VERY bad for him! I agree, it could very well end his career! Haas could very well need another partner.

I wonder who will drive the 14 car today or if it will be pulled from the line-up? I've ALWAYS said that Stewart's temper would. one day, get him into BIG trouble. That might have just happened!