View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:22 (Ref:1061995)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Tuning in to watch the BTCC on telly, I was impressed when I was told the early races had been delayed due to fog yet the BTCC schedule remained on time! In fact it made the cynic in me wonder how much the support races had been messed about (or cancelled) to fit the tv schedules?
The BTCC start times were fixed, everything else stayed in the same order but at different start times. The first Porsche race started at 10:10 (delayed from 08:50) followed by a short gap so that the BTCC race started on schedule at 11:00, followed by SEATs and FBMW which should have been races 2 and 3.

Lunch break was cancelled so by then things were pretty much back on schedule, or even ahead of schedule. So much so that there was a 20 min wait before the start of the second BTCC race.