View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3019287)   #930
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It's a long while ago, so I can't remember what specification the 'car' was in, but many years ago there was at least a full size 'replica' of Franks 635 racing car used as a 3D advertisement near to trent Bridge in Nottingham. (Basically, from memory the advertising hoarding was a typical BMW white background, with a headline across the top and a tag line across the bottom. Instead of a 'side-on' picture of a 635 part of the car stuck out 'through' the advert, with the rest presumably secured and supported behind the hoarding).
Could this be where the mysterious car came from, or, could they have used the accident damaged bodyshell for this as the damage was hidden?
There's an (admittedly small) picture of this advertising hoarding in the latest issue of Classic & Sportscar Magazine (which was a relief for me to see as I was wondering if I'd imagined it!). I will try to scan & post it soon for you all to see.