Old 6 Feb 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3710521)   #14
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think the 200 miles in the title of the Norisring event is cummulative.

According to this example from 1977 they did 70 laps (160km) in each of the two DRM-races and 50 laps (115km) for the money race (Geldrennen), in which both Divisions started in the same field.

With 160km being almost exactly 100 miles, that title most likely refers to the combined distance of the two DRM races.
I see, thanks for clarifying. Well then DTM could do two regular season races on Saturday and the big, one million €, 200 mile race on Sunday.

While a revived 1000 km race on the Nordschleife would be nice, it'd definitely have to be a multi-class race. But with proper modifications to track and cars, DTM, TCR, GT3 and perhaps some smaller classes like GT4 or single-spec touring cars like the Clio might fit there...well maybe not the Clios, who would probably be too slow .

But yeah, it's pretty sad that no one in Europe attempts to (re-)establish a big touring car race. I guess that's the result of the decline of touring car racing from the mid-00's to 2015 but maybe TCR will bring some sort of resurrection. Although it'd be even better if TCR allowed for a wider range of cars instead of compact cars with 2-litre turbos. But still, a 100-car TCR grid on the Nordschleife would be nice, a true Champions League final for TCR, so to speak .