View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3744219)   #118
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

why would those cars you mention attract a crowd. Any series has to be a natural progression of what we have, or you alienate your audience and you kiss them goodbye
Huh?

I drive a Civic Type R, it's great. I would be very interested in a TCR series. Lots of people drive Golf GTIs they would be also be very interested.

Like I said it would not to replace Supercars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

why would those cars you mention attract a crowd. Any series has to be a natural progression of what we have, or you alienate your audience and you kiss them goodbye
If you mean the Alfa Romeo, BMW etc. they would attract a crowd because they are the fastest, most exciting sedans currently on sale (and that will continue to be on sale).

The Giulia, the M3, the AMGs these are the cars that draw the big interest on Youtube. These are the cars that populate the parking lot of mid-level management in some downtown firm.

The Commodore SS is not terrible by any means, but that is a thing of the past. It will be only BMW, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, Jaguar etc offering super performance in sedan form (yes, for the rich) going into the future. I did forget the KIA Stinger too, my bad... that would also be eligible (and more reasonably priced as a road car).

I guess we could make an exception for the transversely-engined Ford Fusion (Mondeo) Sport AWD Twin-Turbo to compete with an unrepresentative longitudinal RWD layout if Ford Australia were to sell it down under.
*ahem Ford Australia pay attention!*

Sadly no performance next-gen Commodore on the horizon, so Commodore is out!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 18 Jun 2017 at 05:49.