View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2017, 05:09 (Ref:3780888)   #293
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I am a fan of Ricciardo, Verstappen is obviously something very special. Its also interesting to see that Sainz is giving the Hulk a bit of a touch up in the Renault as well.

Verstappen had most of his misfortune at the start of the year when the car was not great, Ricciardo has had his at the later part of the season where i think the car is much better. Not an excuse, just an observation. He will need to pull his finger out next year.

I think the Hamilton quote RE Ricciardo beating Verstappen is interesting unto itself and could be a bit of ensuring reputation remains intact. If Ricciardo struggles against Verstappen (and I dont think he does when you compare Bottas and Hamilton by comparison) but can hang with / beat Hamilton regularly - then where does that leave Hamilton in the order of things?

In looking for a new contract, Ricciardo is somewhat a victim of his own success. Hes good enough for a top flight seat, hes better than a number 2 but not perhaps in the alien space of Verstappen. IMHO he would handle Vettel rather handily (Raikkonen is not far off at the twilight of his career) and would be a close match for Hamilton.

I think hes doing the right hting by hanging back on his contract at his stage of his career as if Red Bull end up with a Honda( and after Brazil with Toro Rosso - i dont think that helped at all), id say that the Renault fall out from a couple of years ago will be light entertainment by comparison.