View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3705547)   #34
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon can I make clear that I was answering the question 'why do people cheat for a plastic trophy?' as opposed to condoning cheating. I then got a bit carried away!

I actually think that building cars outside the rules is cheating yourself most of all. Hollow victories are no victories to my mind.

In karting we have weighing and eligibility scrutineering after every heat and final for the top few plus others at random. I admit it's a lot easier on a kart, but equally we have a lot quicker turnaround. At the end of rhe day we have often had full engine strip downs as well - again a lot easier on a single cylinder 2-Stroke I admit! However what it does mean is that everyone is anal about minimum weights, restrictor sizes, correct exhaust gaskets etc. In the whole of my car racing "career" I was only subjected to a weighbridge twice. Tighten up on the basics plus a few random major strip downs and the problem will ease. You don't have to do it there, MSA scrutineers all have seals. I think TV detector vans work that way!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk