Old 24 May 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1920324)   #1
Adie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Adie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club 100 Vs Local Club Racing.

Hi Guys,

Right, first off reletavely new to this forum so "Hello"

Also, I've been thinking of giving Karting a go now since I was about 10 years - However, I've never had the budget or means to do it until now. To be honest with you I'm totally confused by the amount of series etc out there and not sure where to begin!

I'm kind of being lured to Club 100 at the moment, I like the fact the have a HW and Super HW class. I'm 6ft 3 and nearly 15 stone so It'd be good to race with people my "size". However, I digress...

I've recently bought a flat and whilst I have a shed on site, I don't have the means to store a Kart Trailer etc so Club 100 appeals again.

Thing is @ £1500 for the season does this represent good value for money over local club racing as an owner-driver?

What is a good price to pay to get started in Karting and be fairly competetive? and What are the average running costs over the course of the season?

Does anyone on this forum race in Club 100? What are the age splits like? I'm 26 now and in the nicest possible way don't want to be spending my time with people half my age etc? What are the people like who race there? I'd like to get out to Clay Pidgeon this weekend as it's my local track but I've got prior commitments this weekend...

Cheers all - *ANY* Help or advice would be greatly appreciated. However small!

Adie