View Single Post
Old 30 May 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1924861)   #8
quantic
Rookie

England
In the ghetto
quantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there, i've raced in Club100 on and off for nearly ten years i would say, though not so much recently. It's good fun, very good value for money compared to running your own stuff (i've owned and raced a Formula TKM at clubbies as well...)
My only problem with it, and the reason i don't bother with it now is that it's very very hard to turn up at a sprint, do 4 laps practice and be competetive. Most of the front runners do the endurance event the day before and so are instantly in the groove for the sprint and unless you are exceptionally good it's hard to get on the pace in such a short time.
I used to be able to go to a sprint, turn up, and expect to get in the A final and even got a few podiums but i think those days are gone (maybe i'm just a has been now!!!)
It seems to me that the point of Club100 is budget racing, but if you want to be competetive then really you have to do the endurance race first and use it as a test day-that kind of defies the object a bit to me
If, however you're happy to turn up and just have a blimmin good race then go for it!!