View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3700517)   #53
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A number of people are assuming that Liberty will be taking over, and that that will be a good idea; I have my doubts.

They will have to borrow significant funds to effect this purchase, possibly up to 90% of the purchase price, and that is not a good place to start. In fact it reminds me of the German media company (EM Tv) that controlled FOM for a very limited time until their debts dragged it down, which led to the banks having to take control.

Apart from that, there are already three investigations in the pipeline over this takeover, the most serious threat being the one being initiated by the EU.

I think that it's far from being a done deal.
Sorry to contradict you Mike but I thought I'd read on Joe Saward's Blog (not a good time for him & his family at the moment) that the EU had said there were no reasons why the sale couldn't take place?
I'll check later & will post a link (even if I'm right or wrong!)