View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3722092)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
it sounds pathetic , they can just say thanks to our sponsors and team etc but no need to always say WE

I can't remeber in american interviews the driver always say WE
Drivers in all categories, across the globe, appreciate that it is a team effort to get results.

A quick search through the NASCAR website for some post-race interviews reveals this:

"It was definitely not the situation we wanted to be in, but we thought more guys would stay out there (under the sixth caution)," said Truex, who led 73 laps, second only to Larson's 110. "I think we only ran a few laps. It was definitely a disadvantage at the end and just really tight.
"Holding on for fourth was good for points. Overall, it was a good day for everybody. We just had that one pit stop and I slid a little bit -- a foot or so further than I had all day. The guys got the air hose caught on the splitter and we lost six spots or whatever it was (during a stop under caution on Lap 181). All in all, it was a good day, and we ran up front and led laps. The 42 (Larson) and I felt like we were the class of the field -- he just got it done, and we didn't."

From IndyCar website:

We’ll see if we can prosper and make some good things happen,” he said. “We have a very long list to get through (in testing) and we’ll try to get through as much as we can. The more miles you do around here, the better.”

and

“Honestly, I’m a little speechless. We had a miserable day yesterday and that was all me, and today we turned it into a great day.”

This statement from Chris Smiley at Media Day sums up (I think) the driver's mentality that results are achieved as part of a team, but takes responsibility for their own mistakes:

“Today was the first day I’ve driven my own car but I felt comfortable straightaway. I didn’t even hook my best lap up properly because I made a mistake. Okay, it’s not a race weekend but this gives the whole team a boost going to Brands Hatch as it proves we’re not far away. We’re in the mix.”