View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2008, 09:45 (Ref:2352422)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Isn't it more about the quality of what's on offer,
For my class CTCRC via the BARC offers a great championship at most of the better circuits but in my case it is a bit illogical for me to enter it. Therefore I choose to run in a series.

Quote:
and at what cost?
AFAIK there are 20 lappers for £250-£300.00, or if I go with the MGCC (et's say) I can get an hour race for around £450.00.

Quote:
However, I take the point that if you are a racer, and you've got somewhere to race, that's probably enough for many.
It is for me. However IMO the main thrust of this thread is more about "monopolies" or at least perceived "monopolies". Then of course there's Redwater to consider who run one of the best long distance historic races on the calendar, or the Peter Auto organisation who (as I was recently informed) holds the keys to racing at Pau, LMC and other major tracks (Monaco?).

Frankly, apart from the locations or status of the events, as a competitor it matters not a jot who gets my cash. HSCC for instance do not cater for my class thus even if I did wish to join in there's no chance which is a kind of reverse monopoly don't you think?