View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3769742)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForZiE23 View Post
Does or has anybody bring there children along to events they are marshalling but without another adult? Basically i was thinking of brining my 14 1/2 year old so along with me just to a club event but don't really want to turn up to be turned away! My wife normally comes with my other younger son but cannot come this weekend. I know the normal advise "ask the circuit" but this is really just a throw it out there question for any others that may of been in this situation / thought before.

I was thinking if he did come can stay stands behind where i am marshalling opposed to walking the circuit loan ranger. And to be fair he's a sensible 14 but i appreciate that doesnt count for a great deal as its age based!
I'd have thought it would be fine - my 14 year old comes with me to events (both of us as spectators) and I'm happy for him to go an wander around on his own (usually finding things he'd like to me to buy him from the merchandise stalls!). Again he's quite sensible and has been around motorsport since a very young age so he's not completely ignorant to the do's and don'ts at a circuit. Being a teenager he's also permanently attached to his phone so we can always get hold of each other if need be and always have an agreed place to meet if all else fails.