View Single Post
Old 29 May 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3737066)   #67
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very sad to see the last World Rallycross event at Lydden for the foreseeable future, but I thought it was an excellent weekend of racing and a fantastic way to celebrate 50 years of the sport.

I really wasn't convinced on the dominance of the PSRXVW cars until the latter stages of the weekend, as I was sure Ekstrom was holding something in reserve. I'm pleased that Solberg won it though and, as a consequence, has leveled the Championship standings up.

The track claimed a few victims, the loose section at the bottom of the hill was rather torn up by the end of the weekend with some pretty sizeable holes.

Superb performance from Jordan in a car he had zero seat time in. Another decent drive from Block and the Peugeot-Hansen cars fared better than expected. Good result for Rooke, Raymond is going to be a tough act to beat!

Fair play to Bennett, he certainly looked like he was trying! I thought Ollie might place a little higher, don't think he made too many friends out there though: his overtaking move during Q4 was the sort of thing I expect when racing online!

My only moan of the weekend was skipping lunch to catch the Group B cars on track again... only to see them turned around before they could get out! The priority is obviously the live TV though, so to be expected.