Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1761840)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Chunterer

I do chunter in real life too!!

Already getting down now the season is nearly over. Used to get into the footy but so fed up with that these doors.

I'm in my early 30's and first got into motor sport in 1979/80. Got taken to Thruxton a few times by my dad to see the British Saloons and that's where my massive interest in Capris started. Ironically i've never actually owned one but got close once!

Ardent follower of Group A touring car racing until it ended, didn't like super touring as much but appreciated its strengths.

F3 and F3000 were my other loves until 3000 went downhill at the start of this decade. GP2 is a truly worthy successor and has illustrated to me why I love pure motor racing.

Nowadays it's GP2, GT's that only really grab me, watch the F1 out of habit.

Touring cars is rubbish compared to what it was and motor racing isn't how it was when I got into it period. I doubt very much i'd get excited by motor racing if I were a young lad today!

Always favoured the spectacular hard charging drivers who show promise rather than simply those who win everything!

The likes of Gilles (had only just died when I watched in awe my first Brit GP on the box), Ayrton Senna, Alex Zanardi (what a hero!!), Johnny Herbert, JJ Lehto, the late Gonzalo Rodriguez, Greg Moore and latterly JPM and Felipe Massa plus many more in between and besides!

Got tonnes of mags all over the place, some interesting diecasts and the odd print.

I'm gradually building a nice book collection as well as picking off the F1 reviews on video/dvd one by one.

Last edited by chunterer; 9 Nov 2006 at 18:21.