Old 14 Oct 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1124049)   #14
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
(have you considered they may have been taken out of context)
This is a very good point. I'm not saying JP is a good or bad bloke, I don't know him and he is certainly TV presenter slick these days, so we don't get raw, empassioned driver comments after an incident. But if you're any judge of character you can usually tell who's a slime bucket and who's okay. JP always seems reasonable enough and fair, and at the moment is enjoying the sport, not just seeing it as a job. He's had he's bad moments, in 2001 he went a bit ballistic and possibly lost out on a drive in 2002 as a result? History.

I always think the best way to get an idea of a driver's personality is to watch them during the pitlane walkabouts. I watch people for a living and it's hard to ever switch off. For example, I sat on the wall opposite the VXR pit at the last Brands outing and watched Thommo and Muller. Thommo actually seemed to be, if not enjoying it, then getting on with it and making the most of it. He thanked every last person that went to him, posed for photos, chatted and had a genuine subconsious grin most of the time. Muller sat next to him, face like thunder, barely acknowledging anyone and then looking down on the great unwashed as if they were something he'd troden in. Now, you may say this is a one-off and that Thommo was having a good day and Muller a bad. Answer: do it a few times at different tracks and the same patterns will emerge. Muller Thommo: angel: Plato: confused: Hairuman

Last edited by KPC; 14 Oct 2004 at 09:38.