Thread: A New Era Dawns
View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2002, 03:32 (Ref:262704)   #12
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just watched the race this weekend, one week after it happened, and because of the rain, I still do not have a feeling of how the 4-strokes will hold up tire wise in the dry over a race distance. Haven't been following all the testing news, other than seeing that the new bikes have been bringing lap records down.

What are some of your feelings about how a dry race will pan out? Can Rossi's talent make up for perhaps a more tired set of rubber towards the end, and do you think that there will be tracks that will suit the lighter 2 strokes?

One thing that came to mind this weekend,(and as someone already mentioned) is how Rossi's wet performance bodes badly for the rest of the riders if he can be so composed right off in the rain on the new bike. On this note, are the four strokes easier powerband wise in the rain than the 2's? Tradition tells me that they would be, but again, I haven't been reading up on them that much.

djb