View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2979787)   #48
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I think it's probably because what happens to British F3 will probably determine the future of F3. The F3ES is a shadow of its former self, but I think that if some of the better teams are prepared to join BF3 at selected rounds, i.e. the FIA ones, all will be well.
Blimey, your "British F3 goggles" are far too strong strider. Being the co-ordinator for so long must have affected your marbles - it is obvious that is who you are.

British F3, though great, is not the be-all-and-end-all of Formula 3.

The level of drivers this year, as an example, was very poor. Look when "the shadow of its former self" turned up at Spa and its drivers jumped onto the Coopers and showed everyone up, Nasr and Magnussed except perhaps.

The reality of it is that the British series is probably third in terms of how sustainably strong it is.

Somebody from foreign climes was enquiring about buying a British F3 team about 12 months ago. Strange thing was they decided the series couldn't be that healthy as every single team seemed to be up for sale!