View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3525477)   #68
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
But the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian series are one make series. I mean entering open series. So instead of buying an expensive GT(3) car buying a TA1 car.

Forgot about the DNRT V8.
I guess that's more due to not being allowed in. I think the GT3 manufacturers are rather territorial about their market and chances to win races, so under the current climate you'd never get one of those into the 24h 'Ring.

Sure that still leaves things like Supercar Challenge or VdeV - no idea why no one does it there. Might simply be supply issues, with the TA1 manufacturers - such as they are - not having a European sales partner. So if you want to get a silhouette, you can always go the Solution-F or Gomez route. No Atlantic Ocean to cross to get parts from them, and you can run similar engines in those. Well and then there's the V8STARs which were also American built and Roush-engined.

Only TA1 car in Europe I know of is a Camaro that very occasionally comes out to play in Spezial Tourenwagen Trophy.

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/34003255

Last edited by Speed-King; 9 Apr 2015 at 18:48.