View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3521697)   #17
Kiwi race fan
Rookie

Kiwi race fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post

Under Tony's ownership Hampton Downs will never be the same, and I am not sure thats a good thing or a bad thing. The apartment owners will lose their grandstand seat's of the Pit action if TQ builds new pits and VIP facilities on the extended track, they may also find that significantly increased security, will also very quickly be put in place, that will help control free loaders to major events.

The cost of competing at Hampton Down's will increase dramatically, because Tony will want a return on his money,
Totally agree Mark, Tony has made it very clear that quote "Motor racing in New Zealand is too cheap". If this happens you can bet your socks there will be changes & for the average guy they will not be all good. I cant see Hampton becoming the tourist mecca that Highlands is as its simply in the wrong place for that, whereas Taupo would be perfect. However if Tony manages to acquire both then the North Island racers will really be at the mercy of money!

If anyone thinks a round of his AGT will be the saviour for any track you are wrong. Yes its a great series but it also needs great support categories at a meeting to make it a great overall event & I have heard from many people that the Highlands support classes are diminishing fast.