View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2007, 15:23 (Ref:1899399)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 3 - Apex Tubulars Porshe Club Championship

Excellent pics from your father, Andy.

A great mix of front and rear engined Porsches made up this big field. The oldest car dated from 1977 and the newest, 1994, so again I can justify inclusion. Some great dices down the field, and a good one for the lead involving poleman, James Neal (88) in his 964C2 and Tom Segrue ((968CS). However, Neal won by over 19 seconds from Mark McAleer (968), with Segrue 3rd, a further 6 seconds back, despite him setting fastest lap. However, as I seem to go deaf whilst taking shots, I missed the reason for him dropping back (a spin, an off, mechanical - anyone know?). There were quite a few 'moments' and this is apparent by some very fast lap times posted by drivers who finished further down the field. Here the winner leads from Segrue, although the latter was ahead on occasion:-

39 is Chris Dyer who eventually finished 17th, 41 is 911 of David Holroyd who finished 18th, and 25 is David Burke in his 911SC who finished 30th and last in this big field. He had qualified 18th, and his best race lap was seveal seconds faster than a number of those who finished ahead of him, so he, too, clearly had some sort of problem:-

Mark Taylor in his 911SC had a big battle with Christopher May in his 944S2 but was unable to stave him off for the whole race, and they swapped places finishing 20th and 21st. Note the loose 'eyelid' on the 944:-

Battle of 944s. Entering Russell's, Charles Winterhalder and Adrian Stock finished in this order, 28th and 29th:-

Last edited by John Turner; 24 Apr 2007 at 15:48.